When a girl gets her first period, it’s called the Teenage Period. Usually, a girl gets her first period at 12-13 years of age but these days due to the change in diet or due to stress, a girl might get her first period at the age of 10 or sometimes at the age of 16. It must be understood that there is no particular age to get the first period as every girl might have her own cycle for the same.
Let us understand, what is period – When the uterus of a girl bleeds for 5-6 days every month after a regular interval of times then it is called a period.
What is Teenage Period?
As I have mentioned above Teenage Periods are when a girl gets her first period. Here’re the reasons why it is termed as teenage periods –
- Since the first period starts during teenage years, this is one of the reasons it is called as Teenage Periods.
- During the initial years of periods or we can say during the time of Teenage Periods, it takes around 2-3 years for a girl to get normal periods.
- At the time of Teenage Periods, the period cycle of a girl could be 21-45 days and your periods might last for 7 days.
In case you are not a teenager but suffering from irregular periods then you can click on the links below, provided for medical reference-
- M2 Tone Syrup | Uses and Benefits | For Period Health
- Norethisterone Tablets | To cure period problems
What is Teenage Period Cycle?
|21 Days||This means that you get your periods after every 21 days||Normal|
|28 Days||This means that you get your periods after every 28 days||Normal|
|45 Days||This means that you get your periods after every 45 days||Normal|
What are Normal Periods?
Once you reach adulthood, your cycle will turn normal. A normal period has the following properties –
- Your period should last up to 7 days.
- It should not be heavy.
- The cycle should not be less than 21 days or more than 45 days.
- The pains during the periods should be bearable.
Quick Tip:It takes time for period cycle to turn normal, sometimes until you reach adulthood.
Key Points to notice during Teenage Periods:
Following are the list of things you need to observe during periods –
|How many days do you bleed?||Keep a note of the number of days of your periods. |
Generally, it is 3, 5, 7 days.
|The gap between your periods||Note the cycle of each period. |
Note the date of the first day of the period and then note the date of the period that occurs in the 2nd month this will give you a period cycle.
|It is painful or not?||Period Pains are common. Period Pains should be bearable. |
If not, watch my video on how to lessen period pain naturally.
Watch the complete video on Teenage Period Health –
Understand your body, get your copy of “All About Periods” today!
When to consult a doctor?
- In the case of abnormal cycles like irregular periods that come in a gap of 2-3 months. If you are having very low or very heavy flow during the periods. In such cases, you need to consult your doctor.
- No periods after 15 years of age then you are advised to consult your doctor.
- Spotting is getting periods every month but only the spots are there and there’s no normal flow during period days.
- Abnormal hair growth on the face.
Book Recommendatio:Get your copy of “All About Period” and learn everthing you need to know about periods.
I hope you have got the information you’re looking for. Don’t be shy to ask for help from elders, especially from your mother. Take proper care of your body, eat healthy, stay fit and stress-free. It is a natural part of the process. Do read my book “All About Period” on Teenage period health and remember to check out my section on Women’s health. Take Care!
Nikkil Visha is a content writer at Katoch Tubes. She loves educating the readers by sharing her professional knowledge coupled with personal life experiences.